Monday 1 March 2010

New weigh in.

Hi everybody,

I am not very present on blog land at the moment as my friend Sam in over from France. But I will put pictures up soon about what we did etc...

I just wanted to let you know that I had my official weigh in this morning and since the beginning I am down 9.3 kg (20.5 lbs) yaaaaaay!

I am not sure how much I am supposed to eat ( or should I say drink) at the minute. they did not give me a number of calorie to go by and I am not sure I am eating enough. until a few days ago I was having about 500 cals a day which I guess is too low so went up to 800 yesterday. Any advice there on a recommended amount?

I am also trying to drink more. It is hard though. I didnt have much gas pains yesterday I hope this was the end of it as it was awful. my incisions feel so itchy i have to remove my plasters buy the end of this week so I still don't know what my battle wounds look like. How long did it take for your port area not to be sore anymore? it is getting better everyday but it still feels very uncomfortable. i think I can feel my port as well is that normal? so many questions...

I hope you had a nice week end and I wish you a good week.

PS: Jacquie, for the wieght loss goals, I just added a text widget and wrote the goals myself. Maybe there is an easier way to do it but I am not sure. :)

6 comments:

  1. Okay, between 800 and 1200 calories a day is what you should shoot for. Drink lots of water - your body needs it to heal. It takes a while for the port pain to go away but it does. It took mine about 2 months. I can feel my port, that is totally normal. Just remember that right now you are healing, you need to hydrate and feed your body so that you can heal. The big losses are great but just get healed and then you can start working the band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally am still on clear liquids, so I am only having around 300-400 calories per day. When I switch to cream soups, I am sure that number will go up. I was told in the beginning not to look at calories, just respond to what your body needs, but I take a chewable multivitamin everyday to make sure I am getting what I need as far as that goes. My gas pains are getting way better, also, so that is good! I am glad you updated us, you and Joey haven't been around much and I was worried that you weren't recovering as quickly as I was! I am glad you are just having fun instead, nothing wrong with that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same questions. Eventhough my port is pretty small it feels like I have a cell phone or a deck of cards under there. Is that the swelling? Scar tissue? Does it go away or get smaller? It still hurts to sit normally for me. I have to stand or lie down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great loss. I wasn't given a calorie target for the first 3 weeks after surgery. The focus was on getting all the fluids in. You're still healing so be sure to rest up and stay hydrated.

    The port area takes longest to heal. I'm six weeks out and it's no longer sore, I can press on it with no twinges or anything. When I'm lying down I can really feel it which is totally normal. Must say it took some getting use to.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was told to just keep drinking fluids and that this was a time to heal and not lose weight. I finally saw a small loss when I switched to regular food. I more or less drank something or ate some soup when I felt I wanted something. I wasn't given a calorie goal but probably averaged 1000 a day. I had a hard time getting in much protein as I couldn't stomach the protein shakes.

    My port site is still a bit tender and I can feel something hard. My stomach is partly swollen still but I can lie on my side again without the port pain. Just keep drinking and it'll go well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was told to heal and if weight loss happened that was abonus. I was told to have 3 ptroien drinks a day and 1 serve of juice plus clear water etc...I started to hate the shakes so then made my own soups with lots of protein and blened them. I didn't have any iissues with my port site....but yes I can feel it and if i lean on it at work or something I notice I get a little bruise...so yes it is there!!! Congrats on the loss

    ReplyDelete