Wednesday 3 March 2010

9 days post op

Hello everybody,

I really miss following all your blogs and updating mine at the moment... but I will be back soon.

I have quite a few pictures to show you tonight. But first an update on how things are going. It has been 3 days i haven't had any gas pains yaaaay so it lasted just a week in total. I have to admit it was extremely painful but I have almost forgotten about it. Tonight I have removed the waterproof plasters they had put on the day of the operation and changed them. I finally saw what my battle wounds look like. Here is a picture :



My belly is still quite swollen around the cuts. They are still covered in glue and there is dried blood aroud them which I am not liking... But it will be gone soon. I can noe drink a bit more during the day but I still don't feel hunger which I like a lot.

I still have very big bruises of the IV and blood tests.



Coming back from my operation I have been spoilt by my friends who sent or brought little gifts. Here are some pictures of what I had :








I love flowers so I was so happy. Yesterday I went to Ikea and bought a few things for the house. I will make pictures of my house or maybe a video soon to show you my DIY job.

In the meantime i wish you a good evening and I promise I will be back in Blogland soon.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Julie. Glad to hear from you and happy your gas pain is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - thanks for your post that you'll think about me when you're looking through your clothes. If you find anything, I will be happy to send you a check for the shipping charges. I'm so happy that it seems like the more painful part of your journey is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Julie! I am so glad that you are doing well and the gas pains are finally gone. That bruise looks horrible, I hope it feels better soon. I also wanted to tell you that I LOVE your walls! That design is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got myself caught up with your blog. I am looking forward to following you more actively, now, especially since you are just banded and I hope to be soon!

    The flowers and balloons look quite cheery! That is so sweet of your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julie! Your belly looks great! I'm so happy to hear that you are fellingbetter too. What are your plans for your post-op care. You know, your plans for fills, etc? That was the hardest thing for me. Finding a doc in the states who will treat a "foreign" patient! Oh well, I will be leaving for Mexico in 19 days and I will have my band in 3 weeks from today. I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! The gas is going away for me, too. I only feel it a few times throughout the day now.. so it is almost gone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to have supportive friends.. I also love flowers. Daffodils are out and they were my mothers favourite so I need to go and get some of them..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that your pains are going away, your belly looks great! The swelling will go down soon. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and wanted to say congratulations! I was banded on 2/12 (three weeks tomorrow). I am telling all the newly banded to rest, rest, rest! I din't and caught a horrible cold and have been just miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am now over 3 weeks and still have a bruise around the port incision. I had to rub the tape glue off with my fingers. I think they have some sort of remover but I didn't bother looking. My stomach is still a swollen but it goes down a bit each day. I think it is just swelling around the port site.

    Nice gifts. Friends can be your lifeline just like the blogger world. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you're doing well. Good friends are invaluable. Continue to rest and looking forward seeing your diy pics.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are going great. You do look a bit swollen. The one thing I don't get is why you guys end up with such a big port scar???? My dr makes the biggest cut in the belly button so you can barely see it...I think that is nice and will eventually look better. i love your gifts...how thoughtful

    ReplyDelete